Earnings Report: May 8th, 2023

 Earnings Report: May 8th, 2023

    I only had one holding report earnings today. I will summarize the earnings release and give my opinion on the company.

PayPal Holdings, Inc. ($PYPL)- PayPal reported earnings after the market closed this afternoon. The company beat on both top and bottom line estimates, but the stock price is seeing a slight decline in after-hours trading. The company raised guidance for the year and achieved its guidance they had for this quarter. The CEO commented on the wonderful start that PayPal has had this year and they are continually improving their service. They are picking up some momentum and this was the main factor for the increase in the guidance for the full-year results. The CFO commented on advancing the strategic priorities while operating in the dynamic environment. The results look pretty wonderful for PayPal and they look to continue growing. I think this company has a bright future and looks to be dominant in this space.

My Thoughts: I am a little bit confused on why the stock is declining in the after-hours. This should be a golden opportunity to buy in for the long-term. I think this stock is on the verge of popping and I can see a lot of upside, especially with the results that the company just reported. I think the user growth was a little bit lower than they wanted, I didn't see a lot of information on that. I'm sure the company is focusing on strengthening this metric with an ultra-competitive environment they operate in. I am optimistic about the company's future and the company looks relatively cheap on a PEG standpoint. I may be adding some share in tomorrow's trading session.



Thank you for reading!

All information was from the earnings release.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Earnings Review: September 25, 2023- September 29, 2023

Weekly Earnings Review: October 16, 2023- October 20, 2023

Weekly Earnings Review: November 27, 2023- December 1, 2023